Apr 20, 2015

First Impressions & Review: Tartlette Palette



I was really excited to get my hands on this palette because it is all matte. I also think it may make a good dupe for the Viseart matte palette, but more on that later.

Packaging
My first impression of the packaging was mixed. I love the shiny gold look of it, but it quickly becomes a nightmare of smudges and fingerprints.



Size
It's a great small size, 12 x 10 cm, about the size of a standard gift card envelop. Great for travel as it's not too heavy and has a big mirror.

What You Get (And Don't!)
Since these shadows are all matte, and not too warm, they work well as multi-taskers: the ashy browns and beige tones can double as brow colours. You can also highlight and contour with them.

There is no brush included- which is a plus for me. I like to keep makeup and tools separate, and use my own brushes. You also get more product when there is no brush occupying the space.

The black in this palette is really rich and pigmented- great for using as a liner or for a smokey eye.


A lot of the lighter shades do not really register on my pale skin, and are very similar. I think one bone/vanilla shade is enough. I would have liked to see more grays, taupes and a rich dark brown.

I am also curious how the eye shadow colours read on deeper skin tones. A matte universal palette would be ideal- colours that work for all skin tones. I imagine the Viseart eye shadow palette fits this bill, and is reflected in the higher price point. It's definitely on the lust list.

After using it a while...
The eye shadows are quite blendable, but MAC shadows still are a little better. I find these also need a primer to really see true colour, and that's a bit disappointing.

I also find this palette a little boring.  Free Spirit and Super Mom are almost identical- also the names of the colours are silly.


Repurchase?

If I could go back in time, I definitely would save my money and wait to get the Viseart palette. I do love seeing an all matte palette from a trendy line like tarte, but overall I am a little disappointed by this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Labels

Flickr