Dec 23, 2013

Winter Favourites






1. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream: I know this is a cult favourite, but I just discovered this wonder-cream while I was in Paris. It is the best lip balm ever- stop buying them, you won't top this. I bought the fragrance free type. You can find it on amazon for about $18*. I have retired my Hope in a jar by philosophy for this beauty. She not only gives you baby soft skin, but treats lips, cuticles, dry elbows, small cuts and tames brows. All I can say is wow. You need this in your life. I also use it to help remove eye makeup. Which brings us to my No. 2 favourite....



 2. Bioderma Sensibio H2O cleanser/makeup remover: I have been after this one for a while, as I am a super fan of Lisa Eldridge, and she swears by this stuff. If you don't know who Lisa is, and you are a mua, or love makeup, beauty and fashion, I just made your life. I purchased mine here at Rexall, which has surprisingly good brands. It was a little pricy, at $22, but worth it. It is the only makeup remover I have ever used that is as gentle as it is effective. I was using Make Up For Ever Sense Eyes, but it did burn my skin, so I have moved on and not looked back.




3. Another Lisa favourite, which I must say is pretty great, is Secret Camouflage by Laura Mercier. I am happy to report that Laura created a multitude of shades for this one, so have at'em. Also, for $35, you get a lot of product and two shades. The texture of these is hard to describe, they blend seamlessly, but are not creamy, so they stay put. For fair girls, try SC-1. There is an amazing light yellow shade that you can use for brightening, followed by a warmer, peachier concealer for concealing pigmentation and spots. They are housed in a sturdy mirrored compact. It is worth the money to invest in a good concealer, and this one is worth a try.

 http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1307370-main-hero.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1307420-main-hero.jpg

4. MAC Plusglass in Power Supply: With the holidays right around the corner, be bold and try a crimson colour for your lips. I am loving the texture and shine of Plushglass. It wears away really beautifully, which is important with a lip gloss. Retails for $20 at MAC.





*All prices in CAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Labels

Flickr