Jun 19, 2014

What's Currently in my Makeup Bag


Toronto Makeup Artist Services




Trying new products is one of the perks of my job. Testing and re-testing so I can give honest recommendations and know that the products I use on my clients are gentle but effective. Another plus is that it is fun to discover new products and just mix things up. For my day to day makeup, it may range from a CC cream with SPF, tinted lip balm a curl of the lashes for running errands or hoping over to the gym; to a full getting-ready look for a dinner or night out. Even though I like to dip into my kit for special occasions, I like to have everything I need on hand in my bathroom, where I get ready.

Here is a round-up of products that are making the rounds:

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer 

Toronto Makeup Artist Services
    


















 

Easy to blend, brightens, and isn't prone to creasing- this concealer has everything I am looking for. Also Rimmel is a drug store brand, so it's not too pricy. I would use it as a brightening and highlighting concealer, for blemishes/redness go with something more opaque (Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage)

 

Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter

Toronto Makeup Artist Services





















I have recently come back to this highlighter. It's great on it's own or layered underneath of a powder. It also works great mixed in with body lotion for legs, collar bone and shoulders. It is great for fair girls because it has equal amounts of cool and warm shimmer in it (pink and yellow).

 

Olay Total Effects CC Lotion with SPF

Toronto Makeup Artist Services

















I am not a huge fan of this product but I want to use it up, so it made the list. The SPF is handy, especially now that the warm weather is here. One great feature is that it has a pump that pushes the product from the bottom up, a great way to get all the product out. Make Up For Ever has a similar technology with some of their cream products. I hope to see more companies embrace this idea.

  Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Black Lacquer Mascara

Toronto Makeup Artist ServicesToronto Makeup Artist Services

                                          

 

 


This mascara was a bit of a disappointment, but I think I have super high standards for mascara in general. I would not repurchase it mainly because the brush isn't that spectacular and the product itself is on the dry side. But it is a nice rich black pigmented mascara.

  

Hoola Bronzer by Benefit

Toronto Makeup Artist Services 

 This bronzer is an oldie but a goodie. I love a bronzer that fair girls can pull off. No shimmer in this one either, so go ahead and contour with it. You can also depot it and put it into a magnetic palette.

 

Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint 002

Toronto Makeup Artist Services

 This gel blush is a new product. It is very sheer, so if you like that or struggle with applying cream or gel blush, this one is for you. The packaging is good for applying on the go.

 

Neutrogena Ultra sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 45

 Toronto Makeup Artist Services

 This is a great sunscreen for the face, and is true to the name. it has a soft dry finish that works perfectly under makeup. It's water proof and sweat proof and pretty widely available in drug stores and pharmacies.
















































Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Labels

Flickr