Oct 21, 2015

Pro Makeup Kit: Gamechanging Products


Pro makeup kit products
From left to right: Anastasia Brow Pro Palette, First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads, ByTerry Shadow Sticks in Misty Rock & Bronze Moon, Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow and Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in "Pillow Talk"

When I think of my makeup kit 5 years ago, and now, things are very different! From tools to brushes to product to case, everything has evolved. No it's not perfect, but I have discovered some products along the way that have really helped my makeup game and my business (hence the title!)

These products are one's that I reach for all the time, no matter the skin tone or look. I want to mention that most of these are investments and if you are just starting out, I would invest in compact, light weight palettes- but always aim for quality over quantity. When you know your product will perform well, it will help you with your confidence.

Let's start with brows. This palette is lightweight
and clearly labeled. The powder pans are re-fillable and are housed in a chic black case- nothing fussy. It also has a soft magnetic closure. I wish I had got this years ago. It was pricey, but a great investment for my kit.

This product is a one stop shop for contour and highlight. It works on many different skin tones, and now has a deeper counterpart, which is on the list! The compact is a shiny rose gold, but what I love about all of Tilbury's products is that there is no space for brushes, which means no annoying useless brushes and MORE PRODUCT. I love that it has a large mirror. The contour shade is a dream to blend, and can work as bronzer as well. The highlight shade is potent, so a little goes a long way. I really love this product and I reach for it all the time.

Another Tilbury product, is her lip cheat. I love this pinky nude, it is a great bridal colour. The pencil is waterproof and sharpens like a dream. It is this shade, that I find works on so many different skin tones. I am looking forward to trying some of the other colours. Reshaping and defining the lips is key to enhancing the natural beauty of your client. I also love waterproof lip products that are easy to work with.

Next, are life changing. These shadow sticks by BYTERRY are truly amazing. I want them all, but I find I use bronze moon and misty rock the most.  Bronze moon is universally flattering. The stick format makes it easy to apply and the formula gives lots of time to blend before setting. It does not move. Great for brides. It is shimmery, but so fine it is flattering on young and mature faces alike. They are super light weight and portable. I could go on and on about these, but essentially, you need them in your life, period.

Last but not least are these little dreamboats, these prep wipes that sweep away any dry skin flakes, brighten and cleanse the skin, priming it for skin care and makeup. I never have any issues with dryness or foundation settling into patchy skin, and I know it is because of these little wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Labels

Flickr